Detroit’s Isaiah Stewart was suspended for two games and four other players from the Pistons and Minnesota Timberwolves drew one-game suspensions for their roles in an on-court altercation between the teams earlier this week, the NBA said Tuesday.

Stewart got two games “based in part on his repeated history of unsportsmanlike acts,” the league said.

The NBA handed the one-game bans to Detroit’s Ron Holland II and Marcus Sasser along with Minnesota’s Naz Reid and Donte DiVincenzo. All five of those players were ejected from Sunday’s game, as were Detroit coach J.B. Bickerstaff and Minnesota assistant Pablo Prigioni.

The incident began when Holland fouled Reid with 8:36 left in the second quarter of the Timberwolves’ 123-104 victory over the Pistons in Minneapolis. Reid confronted Holland, who then pushed DiVincenzo, who then shoved Holland — and they wound up falling into spectators seated along the baseline.

NFL

NFL postpones a decision on the tush push >> A decision on the future of the tush push has been pushed until next month.

NFL team owners had been set to vote on Green Bay’s proposal to ban the play that’s helped the Philadelphia Eagles win one Super Bowl and reach another, but it was tabled until May.

Team owners approved modifying the kickoff rule, expanding replay assist, revising overtime rules, along with other changes.

Postponing the tush push vote means the debate will continue while teams gather more information. Proponents of the play and those who oppose it presented strong arguments while the league’s medical experts expressed safety concerns.

Super Bowl champ Sherman joins list of sports figures whose homes have been burglarized >> Former NFL player Richard Sherman is the latest sports figure whose home has been burglarized.

The Super Bowl champion posted pictures and a video on social media asking if anyone recognized three armed intruders that broke into his house last weekend.

Sherman, an Amazon Prime Video analyst, was a three-time All-Pro and five-time Pro Bowl defensive back from 2011 to 2021 with Seattle, San Francisco and Tampa Bay. He helped the Seahawks win the Super Bowl in 2014.

“House being robbed at gun point with my family in it isn’t what anyone wants for a birthday gift,” said Sherman, who turned 37 on Sunday. “Scary situation that my wife handled masterfully and kept my kids safe. If anyone has any info that can help find these people please reach out.”

MLB

Crochet agrees to $170M, 6-year deal with Red Sox >> Boston and ace left-hander Garrett Crochet announced an agreement for a record-breaking $170 million, six-year contract.

The contract starts next year, and Crochet can opt out after the 2030 season. The deal is the largest for a pitcher with four-plus years of major league service.

He made his Red Sox debut on opening day, pitching five innings of two-run ball and departing with a no-decision in the team’s 5-2 victory at Texas. He takes the mound again on Wednesday night at Baltimore.

PITCHER Lynn says he’s retiring >> World Series champion and two-time All-Star pitcher Lance Lynn is retiring from Major League Baseball.

Lynn announced his decision on the “Dymin in the Rough” podcast.

He was 7-4 with a 3.84 ERA in 23 starts last season with St. Louis.

Men’s basketball

Michigan State’s Holloman and Booker enter transfer portal >> Michigan State’s Tre Holloman plans to end his college career at another school and Xavier Booker is shooting for a fresh start.

Holloman’s agent, Brandon Grier, said the guard entered the transfer portal and informed coach Tom Izzo of his decision on Tuesday.

The program later confirmed Booker and Gehrig Normand also entered the portal.